Why start with retirement goals?
Investing for retirement doesn't have to be complicated. Begin by considering the lifestyle you envision in retirement. Most experts say you'll need roughly 70% to 80% of your current annual income to live comfortably. This could include sources such as Social Security and/or a pension, but it's probably wise to conclude that your personal savings will provide your primary source of income. A successful retirement savings plan starts with a few key points to develop a plan to achieve your goals.
Why do you want to retire? Understanding your why helps keep you focused on your goals. What are your WHY driving motivations?
- Financial Freedom
- Community Service / Volunteer
When setting your retirement goals, you should:
- Set a date. Having a specific date for your goal helps keep you focused towards that goal date.
- Be realistic with your situation. Understand the difference between what you should do vs what you can do.
- Focus on what you can control—how much to save and where to invest it.
- Implement your plan so you can track your progress.
- Monitor your plan and adjust as necessary.
What goals to bring to our appointment to discuss:
What is your WHY? Why do you want to retire?
Short term goals?
Long term goals?
Now that you have your goals we can begin to find solutions to get you on track!